Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cream Cheese Icing


On my "sister site", LittleJudys.com I just posted an AWESOME and EASY Cream Cheese Icing recipe. I figured I would share it in both places. If you're interested, you can check out my other recipes (some with picture tutorials) at-> That Recipe Blog. Below is the Cream Cheese Icing recipe, I hope you enjoy! 

Cream Cheese Icing
Ingredients
1 1/2 sticks of butter - room temperature 
1 1/2 (8 oz) pkg Cream cheese - room temperature
1 lb or 1 Box of Confectioner sugar (aka powdered) sugar  
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp Vanilla Extract 
Directions
Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Sift in confectioner sugar and mix. (Mix in slowly to prevent partially cloudy sky of powdered sugar in your kitchen) Add salt and vanilla extract and continue to mix. Mix until it reaches your spreading consistency.
Note: If you desire a more sweeter icing, add more confectioner sugar. If it’s too sweet for your taste, add 1/2 a tsp to 1 tsp of lemon juice. Be sure to mix the newly added ingredients well. Taste again to ensure it’s what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...