|Weekly Roundup of Apple Headlines|
- The App Store hit a historic 10 Billion downloads (yes, billion...with a B) after being open only two and a half years verses iTunes which took seven years to reach this mark.
- Apple commercial features both AT&T and Verizon airs.
- Apple working on physical keyboards utilizing motion controls to possibly replace the mouse.
- Verizon Wireless iPhone can be used as a wireless hot spot, but this nice little feature will set you back $20.00 a month.
- Apple revamps their website with new animations and a darker menu bar.
- Apple now ranked 3rd in PC sales (iPad included in tally).
- Verizon Wireless iPhone to be open to pre-sale on February 3 @ 3AM est. 12 AM Pacific.
- Apple TV surpasses iPad for Netflix downloads/streaming
- AT&T activates over 4.1 million iPhones in their 4th Quarter.
- News Corp to launch weekly news paper "The Daily" electronically for $0.99 a week for iPad.
- Analist speculate Verizon Wireless iPhone sales could reach up to 25 million in 2011.
- iTunes updated to 10.1.2 with iPhone CDMA compatibility.
- Apple slips in the ranks of global mobile phone rankings with ZTE now at number four and Apple at five.
- Class action lawsuit filed against Apple in California over iPhone 4 glass breakage design flaw.
Tune in next week for another roundup of Apple news!