Some of the latest news surrounding Apple as of late.
- Apple issued mandatory Vacation/Time Off Black Outs to Apple store Genius' (aka employees) with upcoming Verizon iPhone release.
- iPhone/iPad Multi-touch navigation (beta iOS) in development/testing for posible removal of Home button on future devices.
- Apple released their 1st quarter earnings. Over $26 Billion dollars making a PR best at sales.
- Apple posible developing multi-touch display for magic mouse.
- iPad 2 to possibly launch this February
- iPad 2 to feature a front facing and rear facing camera for pics, video, and face time.
- Apple releases second beta iOS 4.3 to developers.
- Apple changing original iPhone screws to pentlobe screws to prevent consumer tampering with the device.
- Rumors fly about iPad 2 having more pixels. Nothing confirmed but doubtful.
- Verizon releases cost of iPhone in FAQ section of the iPhone 4 section of the Verizon wireless web site. "$199.99 for the 16GB model, and $299.99 for the 32GB model, with a new 2 year agreement. iPhone 4 will also be available for purchase at full retail price - $649.99 for the 16GB model, and $749.99 for the 32GB model. "
- Steve Job's CEO of Apple takes medical leave of absence placing Tim Cook and other members of upper management in charge. Jobs assured Apple team members that he would indeed continue to be CEO and he would still be involved in "major strategic decisions".
Stay tuned for more Apple Bytes later...